Home » Judging reactions – an exercise in introspection

Judging reactions – an exercise in introspection

by Truevine

Nothing spotlights sagging self-esteem more than when people judge others. Growing up I was the supreme judge. As a fat kid (I had to wear “Husky” brand pants), I was constantly putting others down in an attempt to pull myself up.

Now as an adult, I remember Carol Kurtz Walsh’s and Tom Walsh’s wise “90/10 Rule.”

When I am in a situation and experience a strong negative emotional reaction to another and begin to judge, I assume that only 10 percent of my reaction is based upon the person and situation, leaving a whopping 90 percent that belongs to past.

Randy Siegel, Contributor

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The PR 100